Thursday, January 05, 2006

... of Eros and Thanatos

You showed me love as poetry and film
Nervous glances and painful silences
I showed you love as arson and broken vows

Those eyes
Those three words
Caught in my throat like a trapped rodent

The rivers we've wept together have dried up
A pheonix in flight is a pheonix in flames
Those words cut me
Those eyes bled me

Grabled words spill from my lacerated throat
Like drowning rats jumping ship to a vengeful sea
Breaking on you like water on a stone

My darling, take my hand
Take my hand
To the grave

2 Comments:

Blogger helloitsme said...

i thik this is a very honest representation of the process of ending a relationship.

the 1st stanza is very much the reflection that one person goes through, then thier own understanding then there honesty with thier partner.

its very stable even though the emtions are so strong and real. it seems very rounded wih a reason and a resolution and then a chance of new begining. it makes me feel satisfied.

10:37 PM  
Blogger The Duke said...

I got something a bit different.

It seems to be a lop sided love that ends with one person vowing to care more.

it's interesting imagery; to cast the renewal of a phoenix with a sinkin ship. Opposite elements too. Neat!

And the different ways of taking life. the violence, versus the taking the love to the grave.

Interesting!

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home