Monday, December 26, 2005

Sand

Your eyes
like the bottomless cups of coffee I drink
getting through the days without you
and every touch you give
only leaves me feeling like Iccuris
your fingerprint burned onto my skin
everything I see your back, your neck streched out
your walk
like an ibis.

I feel like I am stranded
on an island
in the sea of you
and every word you threw at me
rolls back to me
washing me
taking a little every time it rolls back
my island receding.

barren and alone
only waiting for the seed to be dropped
from you
my ibis
my bringer of life
I wait
as I slowly disappear
dispersed so casually into you
its all I can do.
and it is all I want.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Duke said...

Before I make a comment, what's an ibis?

12:55 AM  
Blogger helloitsme said...

a type of bird found in egypt along the nile.

10:26 PM  
Blogger The Duke said...

Jesus

I would have had no chance of knowing that!

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home