Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Newt

I saw you
One last time
Don't know why
Curious boy

Amazed to see
How empty you are
How love is blind
Explain the dark

That never fades
When i try and see
What I saw in you
Beyond your face

No one laughs
At all your jokes
Except for you
So keen to fake.

You claim to hate
Superficial depth
With weighted gesture
You gesticulate

So all can see
How sincere you are
I despise the mask
That hides your truth

I saw you
One last time
For what you are
One last goodbye

6 Comments:

Blogger justin said...

Hey people, great stuff here! Enjoying the poetry :)

Check out our place if you like.
www.gyronet.org, its a blog with some possibly lame attempts at blending humourous fiction with profound poetry! Can't go wrong.

2:47 AM  
Blogger The Duke said...

I like this poem

and it raises a question for me,

we all seem to know people like this. And know for a while what type of people they are. So why do we always seem to hang on until the almost last possible moment?

3:55 PM  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Because I am weak.

3:29 AM  
Blogger Chloe said...

Xray has ESP and stole my comment! This totally reminds me of someone; of many someones, actually, who have come and gone over the years. And I know that many more will come and go, and I'll welcome them all. Sad, really.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

The blindness of love can be quite, quite amazing sometimes.

But the truest of love sees all and accepts, I think.

4:18 AM  
Blogger The Duke said...

Hmmm. I don't think you are weak. Sometimes it's hard to give up hope in someone. And sometimes we prop hope up ourselves.

And that is crazy.... how many more of them will we meet?

I also enjoyed that comment about love.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home