Thursday, September 29, 2005

Monkey Girl

I always find it hard to play as the bard
weave together words with the casual disregard
that you do for me when you're sharing your love
I struggle to keep up, choke on the letters i think of
I always have to sit and think it all out
Chase the phrase that amazes with the necessary clout
Cos i would never want to waste a single word on you
you're worth too many of the right ones to describe you who
lights up my life like a supernova sunshine
never a dull moment you're the exfoliant of my lovelife
Cleaning out the pores, no more sores
From what i thought was love that came along before yours

C/ I don't know if my world could turn without you
You're the sun to my earth I spin round you

This morning when I woke up you were lying in the bed
with your hands spread out upon me sun streamin through your hair
I nearly choked up. Seeing you right there
I was kissin you and I was wishing to have the right words to spare
start. stop. rescind. try again.
submitin my words about you like an application
To verbalise whats inside and try not to capsize
Our ship on the ocean our motion truly bonafide
It seems almost rude to chop your soul down
Into print that cannot simulate your inner clown
or your outer goddess whom I have to confess
regresses my best finesse to a flutter in my chest

C/

So here we are going far, yes we are
laughin and we're carvin out a future in the stars
Were gonna have to jump and dump the barriers
in chariots that carry us to forever marry us
cos its never gonna be easy peasy pudding or pie
keepin on the wheels of this chariot that we fly
We must polish it with trust as a must to beat rust
corrosional crust that grinds it down into dust
as long as we go on and maintain the airframe
never sever the tether that makes us feel the same
We'll see the end of our days in the best possible way
discovered with each other lovers never to fade

2 Comments:

Blogger The Duke said...

I raelly love that chorus dude, that is nice.

The verses have a really nice everday life and real feeling. Like real moments. It's nice.

It's also an odd thing about the last part of the first verse. How that seems to happen. It's so odd.

I enjoyed!

2:16 PM  
Blogger L said...

Ah glorious love!

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home