Sunday, August 14, 2005

The Night is Young

I can smell your broken bones
Stretched out on those street stones

Crawling home across the cement
I cross your path, like I was heaven sent

You turn, as though you wish to flop away
But we both know, that you are longing to stay

So please, don’t play so hard to get
The night as young, and the dinner table is set

I’m a gracious host, so let us dine a for while
Lets chew the fat, and laugh with a sticky smile

Oh, Is someone at the door, trying to keep the wolves at bay?
Ah, but it was only a whisper, not enough to save the day

So let’s take out time with it, as we lick and chew
Savour every morsel, as though taste were new

Oh no, my friend, don’t get up to go quiet yet
The night is young, and I have quiet the appetite to whet.

So please, do me the honour of taking your seat
It’s time I break out the knives, and carve up this meat.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

This is ominous!

Ultra dark!

I can almost imagine the protagonist stalking their victim with these words.

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home