Monday, August 01, 2005

Eyes to Watch

Nothing has been posted on here for a while so I thought I'd throw something on. I wrote this about my hometown as I was coming back from BC. I forget what the title is all about!

Rolling parking lots,
That glow out to eat the night
Sprawling across horizons
Until concrete digests sight

Teeth gnashing on
The bones of rolling green
With its remains vomited out
Only brown left to be seen

The skies are empty
Painting grey on what churns below
A one way mirror
For that cement and glass hell’s glow

Right angles and suits
Flutter by in perpendicular rhythm
Wearing masks for eyes
And drowning by indecision

System and routine
Hold still our gangrenous oasis
But not even these steel bars
Can secure our vacant spaces

The City is empty
No one will sleep tonight

3 Comments:

Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

This is excellent.

I especially like the idea of concrete eating up sight.

It nicely captures the nasty fragility of neon lit banality.

3:33 AM  
Blogger The Duke said...

Thanks! I have to change one word later though.

"nasty fragility of neon lit banality" I love it! Your comment is more poetic than my poem! Ha ha ha!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Even better a second time around. Now I've been there.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home