Monday, September 05, 2005

A half~hearted poem?

I'm sorry I'm not the best I can be,
that I'm not that good as a friend, as you are to me.
I don't mean to be rude and turn up late,
I just loose track of things and can't concentrate.

What were we talking about? What were you saying?
Don't roll your eyes, I really am trying.
I'm supposed to be somewhere, doing something specific,
but I've forgotten again. Brilliant. Terrific!

I call you up on some pretense,
but I loose my track mid~sentence.
I say our farewells, for a whole 30 seconds,
then phone you back to ask the original questions.

Apologies for this poem that is obviously half~hearted,
I'm just not very good at finishing things that I've started.
There's no witty ending or elaborate clever twist,
Just a ramble of a poem, that's not quite finished.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

yes!

this is well good.

Very clear and easy to understand. Captures the legendary unintentional short attention span you are famous for.

7:14 AM  
Blogger crazymagashi said...

Good poem.

12:06 PM  
Blogger The Duke said...

Wicked rhyem pattern. But mostly, I loved th ending. I always have trouble with poem endings and I though that was terrific!

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home