Friday, September 30, 2005

Open Letter

I never thought
We'd be another numbers game
Taking something predictable
To stand in for the love that never came

Now I see us
Sweeping across that checkered floor
Moving to a familiar beat now
And we've learnt to ask for nothing more

But don't let
The tears come to your eyes tonight
It was our hands that put this down
Before we even thought to put up a fight

So let me slip
From you hand finger-by-finger
Close your front door behind me now
And there is no need to linger

I walk home
To put my pen and paper away
We were writing you a letter
And I was trying to find more to say

But take the envelope
With these half finished things
Put them under your pillow tonight
And lets see what the future brings

6 Comments:

Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Thats a sad poem, dude.

I like it though.

Letting go is pretty hard to do.

7:09 AM  
Blogger The Duke said...

Thanks! And, yeah, it is. espicailly when you have way too much time to think about shit!

10:32 PM  
Blogger L said...

Wow, totally freakin' rockin' poem dude. I really like the short lines at the beginning of the stanzas!

11:21 AM  
Blogger The Duke said...

Thanks L!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Chloe said...

That was beautiful.

6:24 AM  
Blogger The Duke said...

Thank you very much!

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home