Friday, December 23, 2005

Broken
but darkly beautiful pieces of
our two year past
torn
in one pathetic moment.

One
minute so close in stomach
earthquake causing warm embrace
but
in the next completely extinct.

The
attraction and comfort and companionship
built on secrets shared with no one else
gone
with just a few words of farewell.

Those
words just slipped from my lips
with much uncertainty and hesitation
yet
they still breathily wandered out.

And
with that my dreams of rejection
yet again haunt my sleep so that I wake with
dark
circles under my eyes and lonely fatigue.

Each
night I want to again fall asleep to your
soothing voice telling me sweet nothings but I
let
it go and it is now a whisper across my memory.

My
friends adamantly believe my farewell was
more than right but never do I express my
true
feelings of wanting our hearts to be chained.

But I had to let go
for love does not as they often say
consist in gazing at one another
but in looking outward

together

in the same direction.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Duke said...

Whoops! I never commented on this!

I really loved this poem. You are good with this "structure" thing that I have heard of but do not udnerstand.

I really like the one word beginnings, they are tight! I also read all the one words in case they made a side poem.

This peom also makes me think two friends, one cynical and one not.

First the cynical!

My friends can be like that. They are all advice until the action and then they seem to lose concern, or is it just me who thought this?

To me this poem seems about heartache. In which case I would say, it is funny how it last seemingly forever but how quickly people demand for us to be "alright."

And the non cynical,

I really like what you say about love in the last few lines there. I could believe in a love like that!

12:59 AM  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

hear hear.

That is a worthy love to aspire to

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home