Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Heroine

I left you because
Just because
of the way it all was

I'll tell you why
You made me cry
Like somebody died
You broke me inside

'Addicted to you'
Words that you used
To try and defuse
But they only confused
Like narcotic abuse

I was always there
To break your despair
Stroking your hair
when no one else cared
But still you were scared
That my love was impaired
Despite all we shared
So you smashed our repairs

That was too much to bear

So now I walk on
I am grinding along
Shrapnel embedded
When I triggered the bomb

You were my cargo
In a way you still are
Lodged in my body
Instead of my heart

2 Comments:

Blogger Okami said...

I can say little more than "I am so sorry Ultra"

Poignant words of a hurting soul.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

your quality of prose humbles me, like anthony!

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home