Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Dime A Dozen

Sit alone, Dead eyes
'Where could they be?'
Missing the pretty sounds
Out they had wandered
From under your guard
Lets then pretend
That there is someone still there

'Lost in the forest,
Drowned out at sea?'
Ask the empty windows,
The steel frames and bolts

There is someone still there
Claimed the tongue of your bard
'Where could they be?'

And they were starring
As you missed the pretty sounds
Dead eyes wander
And no heart is around

The Pigeon are fucking on the sidewalk-
Summer is here again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

I like thias a lot, but I thought the 'no heart is around' line would be good to finish on.

1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looking forward to some more poetry soon. Please....

4:54 AM  
Blogger The Duke said...

Ultra - I disagreed for a long time. Then I decided you were right. I think the last two lines should be remade as the title. Even though watching bull pidgeosn chase around the females was the snowball rolling at the top of mountain... I guess it does belong at the top then!

A - Yeah, the poetry is pretty ebb and flow here. I am trying to write another one personally.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

That would be good for the title.

I hadn't thought of that!

Damn snowballs. Alwatys start the most trivial of moments...

4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home