Monday, May 21, 2007

Love is..

...constant
A shadow she casts
Darkness be damned
A welcome reminder
Still trailing my path

...confusion
Did she take my hand?
Or did I take hers?
And who broke the link
when we had to part?

...despair
My head in my hands
Tears in my heart - neither happy nor sad
They are somewhere between
Searching the sky
Tired of running
With nowhere to hide

..memory
Her every touch
Leaves a mark on my skin
No matter how rare
The contact she gives

...anticipation
Years in the making; The First Time We Kiss
Yet to arrive
May never show up
Or may have been missed

..a mystery
That can't be explained
What she posseses
Could never be named

...a moment
Every parting
That we ever shared
Seconds in passing
But years in my care

2 Comments:

Blogger Okami said...

I really enjoyed this Ultra, not to mention being able to relate to "...every touch leaves a mark on my skin"

We all have someone who has done that to us at least once.

7:35 AM  
Blogger eric1313 said...

is love the touch,
or the mark
that the touch
leaves behind
before pulling
its hair out and
leaving you to mourn
all the fresh marks,
or to mourn the touch,
as the marks disapear
in the mourning
---
Thanks for the inspiration, stranger. Keep writing!

thank you from Detroit

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home