Wednesday, May 09, 2007

A short introduction may be necessary. This was written when I was about 18, and was subsequently used for a now partially discarded MC:LC song. I hope to resurrect it soon, removing some of the more banal parts of course.

Fleet of foot, hard of heart
Two of the things that keep my apart
From the thieves and the murderers
Oh Lord, thank you for the suburbs
Proximity breeds contempt;
At least that's what the newsman said
Is it so bad to want to hide
When it's such an ugly world outside?

But they owe you nothing
They owe you nothing at all

I build my walls - dig my moat
In my keep, I won't come out
Lock my doors, in my car
Hide my sons, bear my arms

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Information Sniper said...

Pretty simplistic, but things were simpler when I wrote this.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

..but it carries it's message all the better for it.

Does your band have a myspace page?

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home