Monday, October 23, 2006

Thunderbolt

Do you remember the day that we met?
We got drunk at a party and you made a bet
That we couldn't get the parents to dance
For their son on his birthday, I'll never forget
When you took his father and I took his mother
Later they the left us dance with each other
We span around and I looked at you
I got confused that we knew one another

C/ Thunderbolt from up on high
You struck me down with a lightning strike
Thunderbolt will you tell me when,
When will you come and strike me down again?

Do you remember you kissed me outside?
Then under the table when we went back inside
You said that you wanted nobody to see
Whatever it was that you wanted to hide
But I didn't care so when you went upstairs
I dragged you to bed and we fell asleep there
Holding our hands I was thinking of plans
And knowing they could never go anywhere

C/

When we awoke later on in the day
You found my phone after losing my name
It's a shame but I blame all the gin that we drunk
For a change I don't care I still feel the same
I cannot forget someone I barely met
I'm glad that we did and my only regret
Is that you will be gone for seven months long
And the briefest encounter is all that I get

Thunderbolt from up on high
You struck me down with a lightning strike
Thunderbolt will you tell me when,
When will you come and strike me down again
In a flash I was smashed when you crashed through me
Blowing out the cobwebs that I couldn't see
I miss you already yet I don't know why
I hardly even saw you, Thunderbolt in my sky

4 Comments:

Blogger Okami said...

Wow...she really did absorb into your soul didn't she Ultra?

7 months will go by faster than you can ever imagine - I promise you.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Okami said...

Not stupid - infatuated romantic - there's a difference, albeit a slight one at that ;)

10:04 AM  
Blogger helloitsme said...

mmmmm.....

bam....

10:24 PM  
Blogger Information Sniper said...

This is where the 'lectricity comes from.

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home