Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em

I thought of this while on my break today. It's from three perspectives and supposed to feel sorta dreamy and disjoined. I might re-write it in a different style later in the week and as it is now I think it needs some work, but I hope you enjoy!

With a mind to rhyme and two hype feet[1]

There is nothing I know how to do
So I wearily turn to you
To see if that bright
Can shake open these eyes
“One day, I aspire to be
A memorable set of quotes
But for right now,
These words are for you”

With a little lizard tongue
That licks out slander
Creepy crawler words
Peak out to steal your sun
“See that butterfly?
Whose beauty is so conspicuous?
Why that’s just a moth,
That’s tricked you to forget it is hideous”

You glide like a blossom
That has caught a cool summers breeze
Telling me the secrets
Of how I can float by with ease
“Learn to sing for everything you see,
Hold onto breath and let the world be
Dance with whom you meet and let your bodies entwine”
But like all good riddles, you’ve forget you are sublime

The hungry clouds
Eat up the sun once more.
And he is sliming out
From underneath the sharp rocks.
Hearing your song,
Watching your dance,
Lingering on the intermission
To squeal through the trance.
And his screams shake the stars
Sure enough he is,
That even that God he no longer believes in
Has dared to hear

The long arms of night,
Stretch out to the day.
As it breathes its last kiss,
To throw on the wind,
For you.
As the night comes near
I'll write a dream for you,
So good you will never wake up…

But there is a prowler under the moon
And even beneath the dark
His shadow still looms
He stretches out a long tongue
And laps,
“What will happen, when those dreams start to fade?
When enchantment no longer lingers
And all that was good slips into the shade
You’ll have to wake up
And see only one thing is true.
The ugliness that is in me
Is the only real thing in you.”

I aspire to be
Right now
For you

[1] That’s a MC Hammer quote

2 Comments:

Blogger The Duke said...

Did you happen to notice that the last three lines of the first stanza are the basis for the last stanza? Or should I put "..." between the words so that people know they have been cut up?

10:11 PM  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

“What will happen, when those dreams start to fade?
When enchantment no longer lingers
And all that was good slips into the shade
You’ll have to wake up
And see only one thing is true.
The ugliness that is in me
Is the only real thing in you.”

I liked this in particular

2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home