Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Passing the Bar

Nights spent touching drunken boys
who slur hungry words above the noise
and stumble
trying to catch her downcast eyes
as they roll across the floor
she dons a stifling, thick, two-mouthed disguise
with her over-bitten tongue she leaves
quivering salival promises
more often than she comes
I want to take her
away from the numb, synthetic fun
so I approach and try to return her wandering eyes
but I'm just another drunken boy
and they're too full of tears for me to hold her gaze
and I'm too full of lies

2 Comments:

Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

This made me think of snatched moments of romantic reality in the superficial unreality of nightclubbing.

1:12 AM  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

..and I particularly like the opening lines.

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home